It seems I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by a fellow blogger (Ashley Cameron’s Writing).
Thank You Ashley! Yeaayyy 😀
To be honest I am not completely sure about how this award is won but from my research it looks like an interesting way to interact with the blogging community at large and give the new guys (myself included) a helping hand! It’s based on links for each person who gets nominated and in turn nominates 11 other people. Great PR.
So, why not?
Liebster Award Rules:
- Post 11 things about yourself
- Answer the questions given to you by the nominator
- Nominate 11 blogs (newer, up and coming blogs, with less than (or thereabouts) 200 followers) and inform them
- Compose 11 new questions for your nominees
- And don’t forget to post of the Liebster Award Badge to your page (grab it from the internet)
11 Facts about Khushbo:
- Hugs are my Kryptonite. No matter how wildly upset I am, if you can manage a hug, you win!
- I spent Valentine’s Day chilling with my gold fish (The three of us get along fabulously!)
- I want to be a writer (novelist), although I never start the book that is waiting to be written.
- I am extremely lazy, it takes a lot of effort to pretend not to be.
- If I had to choose between a nice car and a home, it would be nice car!
- I love traveling!
- I love surprises and surprising people on birthdays, anniversaries and other celebrations, that’s my drug!
- I deplore cooking! Although I do have “instances” of temporary insanity where I take enjoyment in this task.
- I love making new friends.
- I believe seniors are the most under utilized resource on earth. They are a walking, talking library of experiences!
- I love kids! I love them because I can be “me” around them, no need to wear the mask of socially acceptable behavior suitable for an adult.
Questions from Nominator:
1. What is your favorite book?
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I had hoped to find a Mr. Darcy, sadly found Mr. Collins instead (Sad mix up indeed!) :s
2. What would you do for the rest of your life if money was no object?
- I would hide out and finally write. Read loads too!
3. What is your favorite meal you like to cook?
- Chicken roasted in the oven with potatoes, onions, garlic, lemon and a gazillion herbs. I do not know the name of this recipe its my own concoction!
4. What is your most favorite scene from a movie?
- The only one I can think of right now is more a line from a movie. “Life of Pi” the writer asks Pi at the end which story was true and he responds with:
“Which story do you prefer?”
“The one with the animals”, he answers.
Pi responds, “And so it is with God.”
5. How do you like having a blog?
- I find myself quite addicted to it. I enjoy reading people’s blogs and as a new blogger you will find me publicly jumping for joy if someone actually posts a comment! Ahhhh!!
6. What object in your life could you never live without?
- Objects are almost all replaceable, sadly so are people sometimes. If I absolutely had to choose, it would be my passport.
7. What/where has been your favorite vacation?
- A short trip to the beach half an hour from our house when I was younger with my parents and siblings. It was pretty simple. It was the last time I remember my heart completely full. Joy, happiness and contentment all at once. Those couple of hours together was worth a lot.
8. If you could go anywhere in the world..where would you go?
- I would go to Spain! The castles, the landscape, the mish mash of cultures from centuries of old not to mention the language and food. I think I would completely enjoy it!
9. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Forced conformity.
10. What movie are you most excited to see this year?
- Man of Steel.
11. I will also steal a question from my nominator…If you could share one thing you learned from this year what would it be?
- Take the risks. There never was a reward for anyone who did not take a risk.
11 Questions for Nominees:
- If you were awarded one wish, what would you ask for? (Anything.)
- Do you have a hobby? What is it?
- What made you want to write a blog?
- If you had the power to change only ONE of these three things which would you change? (Poverty, Racism, War)
- If you could write a book would it be Fiction, Science Fiction, a True Story or Philosophy?
- What was an embarrassing moment in your life?
- Who is the most inspirational person in your life?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What is your favorite music band?
- What’s the song stuck in your head? (No you don’t have to like it, but its there and we both know it!)
- Would you ever run for President?
These are my nominees. Many of them are blogs I enjoy. I am not absolutely certain if they all have under 200 followers (If you have more than 200+ followers enjoy the nomination none the less!)
Best of luck to all! 🙂